Tuesday 19 March 2013

ESCAPE, and other things

Hi everyone,

Its been a long time since I've updated this blog, and I feel like I should let everyone know whats going on.

For the last few weeks i've been working with some of my old classmates from VCAD on Polycount's online contest branded ESCAPE. We are working on a 1930's Parisian style street scene, with the addition of a few simple characters. As this contest is a video game art challenge, we will be using UDK as our engine in which the scene will be running in. Currently we dont have much pretty stuff to look at, but were working hard on getting something onto the forums soon as well as getting some kind of renders to show. In the meantime here are a few different concept pieces that I've contributed.


Also in the works, I'm working on a new piece for my demo reel. Its a sort of pirate cave fortress. I've based my concept loosely around some concept art that i found on reddit/r/imaginarylandscapes and will continue to develop it. However this has taken a little bit of a back seat to the work that im doing with the ESCAPE project.

And as a final little bit of information, I am slowly getting my web design skills back in order so that I can design a new web page to use as a nicer spot for an online portfolio. This is kind of my pet project and ill be working on this in my free time. If anyone has any tips/resources for web design stuff let me know, I can use any additional knowledge I can get.

Thank you for taking the time to read this guys, I know its been awhile since I've posted anything worth anything on here, but you can expect quicker updates in the future!

-David J Stelmaschuk

No comments:

Post a Comment