Sunday 15 July 2012

Breaking Radio Silence.

Hey guys,
Update for you today. I've shelved my forest cottage scene. I was feeling quite demotivated by it. I have however practiced up on some particle effects which was my goal for the project. Currently I've been thinking a lot about a project that a buddy and I came up with about a year ago. Ive been trying to design a story in my head and I'm getting really close to having it picture perfect in my mind. However, This leaves me needing to learn how to do some decent concept art, Which brings me to why I'm posting today.

I've just started to do a few WIP Digital paintings. These will give me a rough idea of what a character or scene looks like. I'm not going for details in these paintings, I will first try to establish tone, and a character likeness, something that makes characters unique.

I will be trying to do 1 Painting a day for a few weeks, I will upload all paintings here on the blog.

Please please please, if you see something you like/don't like, something I can do to improve my work, Let me know. I'm still in a learning stage for doing this kind of work and can use any and all advice that you can give to me. Thanks in advance!

And my WIP painting for the day:



I hoped to learn more about tone in this painting, its far from finished, but I learned alot about light and colour  in this and I feel that I completed the goal that I set out to achieve. Thanks for the read everyone. Tomorrow I will be uploading an environment painting. I hope to use tones and colours to take it one more step from this type of work tomorrow.

Once again, I'm still learning, and would love to hear any feedback that you can give me for my concept digital painting's sake

See you tomorrow,

David J Stelmaschuk

No comments:

Post a Comment